Sunday, April 25, 2010

Butternut squash Cannelloni

I've been wanting to make this for a while now. I saw it in the Cornicopia cookbook. When I made it last night I didn't use the recipe though. I rarely use recipes, to much to follow and you never have half the ingredients.

Anyhow I started off by roasting some Butternut squash chunks, some red pepper and carrot. I roasted them with oil and honey.
Meanwhile I made the tomato sauce.


When all the veg was roasted I mashed it all up with ricotta cheese to make it all moist and creamy.


Out of the oven and topped with chesse!






Making cupcakes with brownie mixture inside them has been on my mind for a while. I've been dying to make them for ages, so I made them on Thrusday night. They were a bit of a dissapointment and just didn't work out as well as I would of liked. :(
Haha I had also gotten a piping bag that day for icing. I now know that I am not good at it what so ever. So excuse the terrible terrible icing job. I had also broken the bag haha.

Brownie on bottom and cupcake on top!




I just made loads of brownie cupcakes with the left over mixture! Some got a little burnt though.




I REALLLLLYYY want to make cupcakes now.