Sunday, January 16, 2011

Resources


I go to DIT Cathal Brugha Street, which is the school of hospitality, tourism and food. So there is culinary arts students and pastry arts students in the building I also study in. You can always smell amazing things coming from the kitchens and see them in the kitchen. Makes me a little jealous. They also sell a lot of the food they bake for really low prices on a Thursday.

Anyhow, since there's food students, there's so many cookery books in the library. I always go look at them when I'm bored in the library. An easy distraction. I was looking at some of the vegetarian cookbooks yesterday. I found a Blazing salads one. I am dying to go the store on Dury Street. In select stores, Dalkey you can find the salads there along with some burgers. Any how, I took the book out on loan. There's a lot of really good recipes I will for sure be trying out when my exams finish.
The library also has a subscription to the good food magazine, which I love. They break down at the front what pages have vegetarian/vegan recipes and what pages include baking. I have so many photocopies of recipes I have yet to try.
Upside down pictures. DUNNO.
I plan on use my week and half off productively, so hopefully involving some cooking and baking. I really want to try and make a vegan cake just to do it.

No comments: