Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Puy Lentils

I had a go at using puy lentils and now I highly recommend them.
Firstly I made a salad for college using them. I based it on a salad that marks and Spencer do. Again, this was really simply to make.
I first baked some butter nut squash chunks and bits of pepper.
While they were baking, I boiled up the entils. It takes around 20 mins. So just boil until soft.
You for sure need a dressing on this so what I did was combine a balsamic vinegar I all ready had with lemon juice and chilli. It went perfect with it. Mixed it all together and put it in some tuber ware.
:)
A healthy lunch!

Puy lentil lasagne. I first came across a puy lentil lasagne while flicking through the Irish Vegetarian Society magazine. Now this was so yum and not to hard to make either.
I started off by roasting off some vegetables along with lots of garlic and chilli. I used peppers, butter nut squash(what else do I use?) and mushrooms but you can add whatever. While they were roasting, I boiled up the lentils.
I also made some tomato sauce by frying off some garlic and a finely chopped white onion and then added 2 tins of tomatoes and left to reduce. I would in future though use 3 tins. I also made a cheese sauce, which didn't turn out amazing as I didn't use a recipe and just guessed. When everything was done I pilled it all up and covered with cheese and baked for around 30 mins.

No comments: