Friday, October 28, 2011

Vegan for 5 days.. so far.


I should probably write about my experience so far on Sunday, as it will have been a week but I want to write now!
So far, so good. It has been alot easier than I thought it would be. I am not craving everything I thought I would so bad.
I was feeling pretty crappy all week though, Very tired, weak and constantly hungry. This has made me make sure I get a proper balanced diet. I am so excited all ready about the benefits to my health and of course, my zero contribution Animal farming of any sort. I'm feeling very positive and I think I'll stick with this for sure. It has been hard a couple times though when out with friends. I was in a cafe today. Luckily I wasn't to hungry but I pretty much couldn't eat anything, which sucked. A soya coffee did the job though.

I've been writing down what I've been eating.
Monday: Black coffee, chickpea, potato and cauliflour curry, Bagel with salad, banana.
Tuesday:Baked beans on toast, Blackfrairs Flapjack, Soya Coffee, chickpea, aubergine, pepper casserole with rice, raisins.
Wednesday:Orange, Banana and Strawberry Smoothie(Homemade), popcorn, chickpea casserole(as above), soya coffee, Hummus pitta with carrot and cucumber sticks, nakd bar, 2 oranges, raisins.
Thrusday: 2 nakd bars (:/), Beans on toast, pasta with spinach and sun dried tomato paste, kind vegi bagel from itsa bagel, Nakd bar, Banana, Goodlife falafel burger in a pitta with hummus and salad.
Friday: Innocent smoothie, toast with Peanut Butter and Jam, Pitta with hummus, soya coffe, Nakd bar, Noodles, More smoothie, stir fry and homemade cookies.

As you can see, I have eaten a lot of Nakd bars. I'm hooked on them and they appear to be pretty guilt free. They're good as a snack. I've stocked up on them from Tesco.http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/

I gave Vegan baking another go and made Cookies and my god they are good! They are the type of cookie I've always wanted to make. Chewy and soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. I got the recipe from http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6391.0
and I highly recommend it!

Being able to google items on the spot with my phone to double check items being vegan has been a huge help too!


http://www.goodlife.co.uk/ Goodlife Vegetarian Foods So yum






And a big Thanks to Glauce for the Help and support so far! Check her vegan blog out! http://foodinmylife.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

All about... (vegan) food said...

You're doing really good! Maybe you need more carbs to not feel that hungry but I'm sure you'll find a way to balance your diet to make you feel good in a daily basis.

I love the Nakd bars, I'm eating them a lot to help with my sugar cravings in a more natural way!

And thanks for the mention, anything you need, I'm here.